"ext David Greaves" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Kalle Valo wrote:
>
>> From now on I will not send any more stlc45xx news to
>> maemo-developers. Everyone interested should subscribe to
>> stlc45xx-devel or follow stlc45xx category from my blog[1]:
>
> Hi Kalle

Hello David,

> I'm delighted that you're doing this work - can I ask you to please
> continue to post to maemo-developers - there appears to be a lot of
> interest and IMO we just don't need the fragmentation at this point.
> I don't want to subscribe to yet another list and I won't get round
> to following a blog; I suspect I'm not alone.

The discussion on stlc45xx might get very technical (at least I'm
hoping so) and I doubt that very few people in maemo-developersare
interested about that. I don't know how many people are currectly
subscribed to maemo-developers, but I would guess that very few of
them are really interested in technical aspects of the wlan driver.
Most of the people just want the driver to work, they don't care about
anything else.

> We get a few messages a day - if this was lkml and the flood of
> messages drowned you out (or if you intend to flood the list!) then
> I'd understand; equally if you were working on something that was
> not maemo-specific then it would make sense.

The archive for stlc45xx-devel should be open, so you can always check
from there what's happening. And if something newsworthy has happened,
I can always drop a note to maemo-developers as well.

> Otherwise I'd like to see you hang out here :)

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I just won't be talking about
stlc45xx all the time :)

--
Kalle Valo