tz wrote:
> This is no longer academic as my minigpsd program is sitting in
> extras-devel, and the ONLY problem it has is the bluez-utils-test
> dependency.

Well, maybe bluez-utils-test is in SDK repository because it is mainly
for testing? What part of bluez utils you need?

Bluez moved to handling most things via D-bus so command line utils like
rfcomm, hcitool etc are no longer the only (or even the preferred) way
to do things.

So maybe instead of using them you may start to use d-bus? I went this
way with kbdd and did everything I needed (open rfcomm connection). See
dbus-bluez-* stuff and btkbd inside
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/kbdd.tar.gz

API is described here http://wiki.bluez.org/

Frantisek