Hi,

ext Niels Breet wrote:
>> Asked for more details:
>> 1. Only personal launcher is enabled and device is booted after
>> enabling it 2. "Use resizable layout" enabled
>> 3. Launcher has enough icons (in one column, icon size = 64)
>> that it it's higher than screen
>>
>> When launcher is disabled, Desktop crashes.  The leakage and
>> crash are 100% reproducible.
>
> The author was able to reproduce your leak with these instructions. He
> uploaded a new version to Extras to solve the problem.
>
> Can you confirm that it is fixed now?

It's not anymore refreshing/resizing itself constantly when larger
than screen (which with the redraw leak caused the issue and made it
easily to crash when it was disabled).  I.e. the main issue is solved.

The redraw leak is still there though.  It can be tested easily just
by running:
   mem-monitor-smaps -p $(pidof hildon-desktop|cut -d' ' -f1)

And dragging with stylus the bottom-right resize handle back and forth.

Resizing should normally happen fairly rarely though, so this isn't
as critical.

Btw. The setup application seems to throw some asserts when it's used:

 From setup startup:
personal-launcher-setup[10388]: GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib - g_strcasecmp:
assertion `s1 != NULL' failed

 From opening Settings dialog:
personal-launcher-setup[10388]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk -
gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed

        - Eero