Hi Dieter,
> I'm still having some problems with pushing my code to the online git clone
> (http://sprunge.us/JhDZ) (same with GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1),but once I've
> succeeded that I'm wondering:

You could give some further information about the problems you have,
perhaps we could help out a bit.
> 1) how do I test my code on maemo5 ? I think I saw i mail about that on this
> list but couldn't find it back in the archives.  IIRC the conclusion was "you
> pretty much can't .. yet"

You can install the Scratchbox and test it there. All information about
the development environment you will find here [1]. Further you could
put it into extras-devel, and people internally can test it on the
device and can give feedback. [2] First place for the feedback should be
the tracker in garage or in the next step it is possible to think about
adding it in the bugzilla [3].

Further a good place for developers is their category in maemo wiki. [4]

[1] http://maemo.org/development/sdks/maemo_5_beta_2_sdk/
[2]  http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_Extras
[3] http://wiki.maemo.org/Category:Development
[4] http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugs:Adding_Extra_products