On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 09:41 +0200, ext Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> :2009-09-10T10:31:Mohammed Hassan:
>
> > And that indication is already a packaging difference.
> > I'd rather do ./configure --prefix=/opt/<package> and that's it.
>
> Frankly if this would become a standard I think there'll be atleast some
> people that will setup their own autobuilder to install to regular /usr
> or /usr/local.
>
> I know I'll remove any traces of vfat and expand existing partitions so
> I'll be able to install normally. But I can accept that some users will
> want/require vfat. I wouldn't be opposed to having two repos opt and usr
> so that a user can make their own choice on how to do it. That way
> nobody would be limited to one or the other.

What I meant was introducing a method to inform the installer that we
some files need not be moved is a packaging change already. It's
something fremantle specific and I'd rather do it the cleaner way then.

Maybe we should have DEB_BUILD_OPTS += optify ?

Problem is if you start using dh_install and friends, you will be in
limbo.

Cheers,

--
Maemo Software