:2009-09-10T10:31:Mohammed Hassan:

> And that indication is already a packaging difference.
> I'd rather do ./configure --prefix=/opt/<package> and that's it.

Frankly if this would become a standard I think there'll be atleast some
people that will setup their own autobuilder to install to regular /usr
or /usr/local.

I know I'll remove any traces of vfat and expand existing partitions so
I'll be able to install normally. But I can accept that some users will
want/require vfat. I wouldn't be opposed to having two repos opt and usr
so that a user can make their own choice on how to do it. That way
nobody would be limited to one or the other.

Just my 0.02€ ;)

--
Andraž ruskie Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

Ryle hira.