Am Mittwoch, den 23.09.2009, 11:07 +0100 schrieb Andrew Flegg:
> It's easy to find problems, but our basic QA procedure started off as
> "installs cleanly, uninstalls cleanly, doesn't waste battery, has
> human readable description, has nice icons" and now "uses /opt and
> doesn't waste disk space if appropriate". These are detailed at:
>
>     http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing#Quality_criteria
>
> Should someone be pressing thumbs up if a package meets those
> requirements and has no blocking/crashing bugs? That doesn't seem to
> be happening - is it because no-one's testing, or because no-one feels
> clear as to what they should be doing?

I must admit that so far I've considered giving a Thumbs Up or Thumbs
Down to be a purely subjective decision based on personal impression.
I for myself e.g. would give a Thumbs Down for a very small, working app
if the main menu is not fremantle'ized (as the maintainer does not have
a large codebase to maintain this should not be too hard), but that
would not be much of an issue to me for a large complicated app (lots of
other more important stuff to maintain and work correctly).

That's why others can still vote +1 if I said -1 and the other way round
- I assume everybody has his/her own ideas about thresholds and
expectations and that's exactly why there's more than one person allowed
&& required to vote.

Just my current point of view,
andre
--