On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 16:00, Anderson Lizardo
<anderson.liza...@openbossa.org> wrote:

> The PyMaemo team is pleased to announce the final release of PyMaemo
> for Maemo 5!

BTW, I've tested with bind mounts and /opt.

I've done the following and it seems to work well:

   * Created /opt/python2.5/lib
   * Moved the contents of /usr/lib/python2.5 to /opt/python2.5/lib
   * Created an init script, symlinked to S20python-optify, which does
     (on start):

        mount --bind /opt/python2.5/lib /usr/lib/python2.5

This freed up lots of space on the rootfs and does not seem to have
impacted start-up time of Python apps particularly noticably.

I can share the startup/shutdown script and maybe even package this as
a "Python Optifier" if you want.

I think this is one of the best ways of optifying Python and without
any patches. I'd suggest this gets included in the next release of
PyMaemo.

Cheers,

Andrew

--