Till,

It is obvious that your angst is against my thumbs-down to your app due to
my perceived understanding of optification which is at odds with yours.

Nevertheless, resorting to epithets is just lame. If you have other gripes,
mention specific cases where there has been gross lapse in testing that have
violated the published guidelines. This will help in addressing the issues
and misunderstandings. We are all in it to see maemo succeed.

I take testing seriously and do this as a way of giving back to the
open-source community. your desire to make fixes quickly available to the
users is understandable. The way you put things, it sounds like since the
first time you didn't have any problems, why should you have them now. Well,
I didn't test the app the first time and even if I did, it would have gotten
the same thumbs-down. If there are more users who don't care, which actually
happened with libzlibrary in Fbreader, the app will end up in Extras with
the opt violation. Of course, your app is not large but who knows, in the
future it might be. optification is good practice.

I am a developer too; but still on the maemo-developer learning curve. The
experience with rating your app is not something I would consider a
high-point of maemo.

Mustali