2010/1/3 Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org>:
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 15:39, Jeremiah Foster
> <jerem...@jeremiahfoster.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 2, 2010, at 21:54, Andrew Flegg wrote:
>>>
>>> For the record, you don't even need to do that now. All you need to do
>>> is opt-in to the autobuilder doing optification for you, by putting
>>> the single word 'auto' in a new file: debian/optify.
>>
>> To stay abreast of these changes it would be great if we had a
>> canonical document about this [...]
>
> Agreed. Someone needs to take ownership not just of the technical
> changes (which have been coordinated between Ed & Marius so far,
> AFAICT) but also the communication and education of developers.
>
>> I am happy to add information there from disparate sources but if
>> there is already a canonical source I'll copy that.
>
> I'm not aware of any documentation - nor what Ed & Marius' current
> timescales are.

I'll definitely find a time to do whatever is needed. Moreover, I was
asking couple of times already if it's time to enable optification by
default in autobuilder. I was given an answer that some testing is
still needed. I think Marius should know the latest status.

PS: Last news about optification for me was a discusstion about python
& maemo-optify [1] last month.

[1] http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2009-December/022782.html

--
BR,