Hi,

On 7 May 2010 11:44, Dawid Lorenz <a...@adl.pl> wrote:
> Releasing "test-and-strictly-developer-aka-geek-oriented" images on regular
> basis would be simply great. Think of it like extras and
> extras-testing/devel - yet not for apps, but full-blown OS images. Normal
> users should strictly stay away from these, but whole bunch of geek folks
> who imho are the essence of Maemo/MeeGo platforms would jump high in joy and
> that would definitely keep guys on both sides of the fence relatively happy.
> Just my three cents.

this is another great idea. If you really belive in the Community
contribution, I think it should be normal to release development (even
daily builds) images. This is what happens usually with a Linux
distribution: final user, for example, will install Ubuntu when it's
officially out, but power-users and community contributor can install
the development version and help with testing and bug reporting.

I think that Nokia could be more open in Maemo development and this is
a solid example.

Regards,

--
Andrea Grandi