Hi,

ext Dawid Lorenz wrote:
PR1.2 fixes last known wakeup-on-background issue in microb engine
(related to animated images, reported also to upstream mozilla).
When I last tested Fennec few months ago on my N900, it was constantly
waking up on the background, so I would suggest at least closing it
when you don't use it.

Is there a way to determine if application is waking up in the background
constantly?

Check whether the value in TIME+ column changes in the "htop" output.

Attach to the process with "strace -f -p PID"[1] and see whether it
does anything.

[1] htop has "s" keyboard shortcut to trace processes, but it doesn't
    give the "-f" option so that all process' threads would be tracked.
    Upstream "htop" seems to have a bug about this:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2987532&group_id=108839&atid=651635

(htop and strace are both available from the SDK tools repo.)

I might be wrong, but I think I've seen that issue about
Fennec somewhere and have a feeling it got addressed. Well, certainly
many issues in Fennec were addressed, as the latest beta (and nightly
builds) are actually usable and not that terribly slow as version 1.0
final and earlier.

If you check this, please tell whether it's (fully) fixed now. :-)

        - Eero