Hello,

We received reports about the autobuilder being stuck. Niels has fixed
the problem, but I needed to change the default shell settings on
drop.maemo.org. You may ask why? Well, the reason is simple:

If a person had __no__ extras invitation before, but opened a project
using git, then he / she suddenly got granted with extras upload
privileges. This is bad, because our intentions are to keep these two
services "separated".

Luckily all uploads are traceable, since authentication happens with ssh
keys. So security wise it was not such a big deal.

Extras "uploaders" should request the upload rights via email, that's
the standard procedure. Git users can have "git over ssh" by simply
uploading their public ssh key via: https://garage.maemo.org/account/ .
(I know that "git over ssh" is not really working for all of us at the
moment. There is an other issue and I am working on it.)

In case you face problems while uploading to extras or to the builder,
then it might be due these latest changes. If so, then I apologize for
the inconvenience and kindly ask you to drop an email to Niels and
myself asap.

Thanks for your time.
Ferenc
--
maemo.org sysadmin, developer
email: fer...@maemo.org

ps: please feel free to spread this message