Hi,

maemo-scrobbler is a scrobbler application (last.fm/libre.fm) for the
Nokia N900 that listens for events coming from the official media player
app through MAFW.

You can configure your accounts through the control panel.

The inspiration (and some code) comes from mafw-lastfm which does
basically the same thing, but lacks some features. For more on
mafw-lastfm see below.

Compared to mafw-lastfm, maemo-scrobbler has:

1) Support for multi-scrobbling (both last.fm and libre.fm at the same time)
   Includes a song queue per service.
2) Improved song queue handling
   Since internally it uses libscrobble (which is independent of MAFW),
   the important code can be easily tested on desktop sw, and it has
   been done so… throughly.
   It doesn’t matter how flaky your network is, or that the servers are
   down, the songs will be submitted.
3) Permanent storage
   The song queue is not lost, even on crashes, device reboots, or
   software updates.
4) Video clips are ignored
   Small feature, but important.

In other words: maemo-scrobbler Just Works™ ;)

It's now on extras testing, please give it a try and vote up:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/maemo-scrobbler/

For more info and the source code, check github:
http://wiki.github.com/felipec/maemo-scrobbler/

== mafw-lastfm ==

Initially I tried to improve mfaw-lastfm, but I noticed so many problems
that I decided to start from scratch, and soon I had all the
functionality I wanted.

Then I brought up all the problems to the mailing list [1], and I tried to
contribute to mafw-lastfm [2], some trivial patches got in, but the
important ones [3] did not. That was back in February, and at that
point Claudio (the maintainer) decided to wait until a stable release
(0.0.4), which was done in April. We are now in June and I haven't heard
anything.

So I decided to implement the missing pieces and provide what IMO is
supperior software (at the very least it does what I need, and hopefully
you would like it too).

Cheers.

[1]
https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/mafw-lastfm-devel/2010-January/000026.html