On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 11:56 +0200, Benno Senoner wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you back up your claims that pulseaudio uses less CPU than JACK ?
> pulseaudio cannot do wonders, if mixing is required the code must sum
> up the inputs, jack does this
> already in the most efficient manner and one can easily add ARM vector
> code to speed it up.

The typical use case is only one sound played at the same time. In that
case the sound server needs to:
- not do mixing
- use as few interrupts as possible, i.e. having the biggest acceptable
latency possible. Otherwise the sound hardware keeps waking up the
processor to fill a tiny buffer again and again.

I don't know for the first, but I'm pretty sure JACK isn't designed to
do the last.

        Xav