On 11/30/06, Marius Gedminas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:28:47PM -0800, Chris Louden wrote:
> I've been quite infatuated with the 770 for some
> time.
I absolutely love it.

<aol>me too</aol>

> I know its [sucessor] is just around the corner
I don't like what I see in the leaked pictures.  It's ugly.

<aol>me too</aol>

I seriously hope that the leaked pictures were for some other (perhaps
GPS-oriented) device.  'Cos - frankly - it just didn't seem to offer
sufficient advantages over the hopefully-now-proven success of the
770.  Remembering, of course, that 99%+ of the 770s sold have been,
IMHO, *not* on contract, but with the end user paying the full retail
price.  We're not on the "wait 6 months and see what my mobile telco
will offer me to extend my contract" cycle, but have to make the
/choice/ to invest.

The "skunkware" nature of the 770 that I'd come to understand limited
the hardware design to reusing existing components where at all
possible (and - sometimes - where it would only degrade the design to
an acceptable degree) should make any "dedicated-design" upgrade
better *by*definition* - not worse.  both aesthetically AND
capability-wise.

I *really* want to get excited by the "770++".
Nokia: "Make it so"</picard> :-)

//jcml
--
Jonathan Matthews-Levine
 "That sounds vaguely obscene, and if there's one thing I