On 2/7/07, Luca Donaggio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2007/2/7, Andy Mulhearn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Don't they just. Both already look very polished.
>
> Because I had GPEContacts installed and had imported my contacts from a
vcf (?) file, I found that Contacts was pre-populated with those contacts.
As a dumb user I guess they use the same db.

> No such luck with dates and no import process which I look forward to.

Both Contacts and Dates use the Evolution Data Server which is built in on
IT OS>=2006. So Contacts share the same data as the built in contacts app
from Nokia, for example.
You can import a calendar from a desktop Evolution installation (default on
every Linux GNOME desktop) by simply copying its calendar.ics file over the
same file on your N770/800 and rebooting the device (to let EDS rescan its
database).

Luca Donaggio

I realize they are very early versions - but yeah they look great.  I
just installed both Dates and Contacts.  I can't figure out what you
can import contact-wise... there's no mention of supported formats.
The dates app looks quite polished, but only seems to support day view
and no import or subscribe option - so pulling in a published .ics
(Google Calendar for example) looks tough for now.

--
Jonathan Greene
m 917.560.3000