El mié, 07-03-2007 a las 16:59 +0100, ext Michael Trimarchi escribió:
> I've some questions, because I suppose that the Glade-2 designer is more
> useful than Gazpacho when programing in C, so probably I missed something...
>
> - Gazpacho does not export any C interface with the callback support. It
> does not create .c and .h files either. Glade, instead, does. How can I
> set the callbacks using Gazpacho ?

Never generate code with glade. NEVER. It's evil. glade-2 developers
recommend to use only .glade files and load them using libglade. Glade-3
doesn't support at all generating code.

The normal way is create the .glade file with glade-2 or gazpacho. Then
load the .glade file with libglade functions. Then in your code you can
access the widgets with:

item = glade_xml_get_widget (xml, "quitbutton");

and then connect the signal like this:

g_signal_connect (item, "click", quit_callback, NULL);

> - The gazpacho xml is not fully compatible with libglade yet as reported
> in the Gazpacho website

That is only some in some corner cases when you what to use advanced
features like storing data in a treeview from the designer. You should
not worry about this.

> - How can I use Hildon? Do I need libglade?

to use the Hildon widgets you can just install the gazpacho-hildon
package and automatically you will have all the hildon widgets available
in gazpacho:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/gazpacho-hildon/

Salu2