"Levi Bard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that Cisco APs would not properly
>> work with TKIP or AES. Cisco APs are of the best quality I have ever
>> seen. And all the EAP tests in Wi-Fi certifications are run with
>> either TKIP or AES (Wi-Fi Alliance calls it WPA-Enterprise, or
>> something like that), so it's widely tested as well.
>
> The problem (in my case) is that I don't have control over the AP
> configurations.  I would be perfectly happy to use the
> currently-supported WPA algorithms if I had the ability to do so.

Yes, I understand that. Most probably it would very difficult for the
network administrators as well.

Here I was just wondering about Riku's comment of TKIP and AES not working
with Cisco Access Points.

I did receive good concrete examples where 802.1x+WEP is used, thanks
to everyone for that. I will raise the issue internally about
802.1x+WEP support, but of course I cannot make any promises.

--
Kalle Valo