... attempt to make an "iTunes killer" of sorts... It would be so
nice to have a media app on IT and computer that synced like
iTunes does.

When I plug my 770 (or any USB-drive) into my computer with a recently-downloaded version of Winamp, Winamp asks if I want to manage media on it.

Many apps can be used to sync file trees (that can contain media files). The tricky part is setting up playcount and metadata syncing. What iTunes/iPods do that's cool is:

 * Keep track of what you listen to and do cool stuff with it.  Find
   your favorite albums, suggest artists that you haven't listened to
   recently that are similar to what you're listening to now, etc.
   A lot of listening happens on your mobile device, and these stats
   get much more interesting if that data is available to the desktop
   player.
 * Allow you to fix broken metadata on your portable, and have those
   changes propagate to your desktop (and to other portables if you
   have them).

Amarok and a number of Linux players do similar coolness with playcounts. I'm not aware of a non-iTunes platform that offers robust syncing with a portable device, though (probably because control over the desktop _and_ mobile software is required to implement).

I'd rather see a partnership with the developers of Amarok or Juk than with Adobe. Creating a music player is hard to do well, and takes sustained effort at fixing UI bugs. Adobe is likely to create a closed client that kind of sucks (all music players suck at first) and will be obsolesced when the N900 comes out. The open teams are likely to create a syncing standard that is implementable by other device manufacturers, and an open N-series client that will get better over time (after sucking at first, of course).

Thanks,
Mike