On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 11:55:01AM -0500, David Hagood wrote:

> Another way to get the file over to your device more painlessly is using
> scp (well, painlessly after you get everything set up):

Perhaps even easier to set up is scp/"File Link" with mc.  Just install
ssh client and server on the Nokia along with mc.  Then, everything is
ready to go (I think).  You can either "shell link" to the Nokia from
another computer on your LAN or ssh into the Nokia and then run
"shell link" under mc on the Nokia.  Assuming you have a ssh server
running on the computer where the target file(s) resides.

I can hardly live without mc.  I use it to browse/examine files,
delete/move files, move files from system to system, change
permissions, examine zip and tarballs, execute programs, backups, etc.
Just EVERYTHING.  And mcedit is my editor of choice.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  47 days 12 hours 52 minutes