>> Hmm. Do you have something against child's toys?
>>
>No, I don't and I thing the One Laptop Per Child computer, which looks
>like something from Fisher-Price, is a great idea for it's target
>group.  On the other hand, the N800 is more likely to be used by adults,
>often in a business situation, where toys are not appropriate.

I am not so sure about the business situation, because to my understanding,
Internet tablets are supposed to be fun and for fun. And in here, we
have many people who like toys (the difference of children and adults is only in
the price tag of the toys) :)... In fact, only you define what is appropriate
really
in what situation. I would not like to imagine what kind of business situation
calls for
not having icons and brilliant colors on desktop of an internet tablet.
In my opinion, the N810 is very nice looking gadget and I love it, despite
having been
using it for quite long time at work daily (the fun still haven't faded out).

>With the new menu, I have to scroll more than with OS2007.  Ignoring
>appearance issues, this one thing makes OS2008 more awkward to use, at
>least for left handed users.

The new menu is intended for thumb use. It is not supposed to be used with
stylus, we have
made several improvements to improve thumb use, and for example I don't use
stylus nowadays
in most basic functions, somehow it is more natural to use fingers than stylus
on this
device, maybe partly because of the keyboard and not having third hand for
using stylus.
Not everything is thumb-usable, but I would like to encourage you to try it
out, it makes
some things easier to do. It is always a compromise between being able to use
your
thumb and seeing maybe a bit less or using stylus to hit small things. There
are plusses on
both.

And by the way, the translucency in home applets is functional if you haven't
noticed. Now
you can stack applets on top of each other and even see through them (to the
bottom applet).
I have placed my clock behind other applets. This would have not been possible
before.
And the translucency effect haven't made the home considerably slower, so I
don't think
the eye candy comes in front of functionality. Fun gadgets are supposed to give
wow-effects,
and it is part of the enjoyment of using such things. I personally love all
kind of cool looking
things and I enjoy using the OS2008 a lot more than previous versions which
looked a lot more boring.

But whatever, YMMV.

Karoliina