On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Kenneth Loafman<kenn...@loafman.com> wrote:
> booiiing wrote:
>> 2009/8/25 Gary <g...@eyetraxx.net>:
>>> I wonder why they chose Windows over Linux. And suggesting that Sony
>>> is weak in the mobile device market is not only unprofessional, it's
>>> simply untrue. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/mobile/technology/8219005.stm
>> i say at most 3 months and maemo will be available for it :)
>>
>> that would be awesome!
>
> Wonder if Nokia will honor a refund if you swap to Maemo from Windows?
>
> ...Ken

On a netbook you would be better off skipping both Windows and Maemo
and going straight to Ubuntu (or kubuntu as I have). You get the full
range of ubuntu apps with no interface issues and can set up the GUI
any way you want: Gnome, KDE, Netbook Remix, and all the
customizeability you could want. You also would have zero issues with
development environment, etc. For me, the WiFi, bluetooth, webcam etc.
all worked out of the box, as do the most important function keys.
Don't bother with the "special" netbook kernel, it causes a lot more
problems than it solves.

Mark