Hi,

2009/9/28 Thomas Perl <th.p...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/28 Andrea Grandi <a.gra...@gmail.com>:
>> A question: is "CreditChecker" or "libcreditchecker" a good name? Any
>> other name to suggest to this library? I'd like to register this
>> project somewhere but first I'd like to be sure about the name :)
>
> I don't have a better suggestion for the name (don't put "lib" in front
> of it if possible), but some naming style remarks for the code:
>
> According to PEP-8[1], package and module names should have
> "short, all-lowercase names". so maybe you can rename the module
> "CreditChecker" to "credit_checker" while retaining the name for the
> class in it (PEP-8: "class names use the CapWords convention").
>
> Also, the function names should have a different style, as PEP-8
> says: "lowercase, with words separated by underscores".

I was trying to "fix" all the names, as you suggested, but.... I'm
noticing this:
neither Python classes follow this rules :(

For example:

from HTMLParser import HTMLParser <--- package name in upper case...
urllib2.Request(url, data) <---- method name in upper case...

first they suggest name convention and then they're the first one not
following them? This really sucks :)

--
Andrea Grandi
email: a.grandi [AT] gmail [DOT] com