Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 04:17:57PM -0700, Mark wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Henrik Madsen <h...@imm.dtu.dk> wrote:
>>
>>> If you have never had an issue with stability on Windows Mobile
>>> you are the blind person. Almost all producers of mobile phones
>>> are now leaving Windows Mobile and considering Linux devices
>>> instead. Are you hired by Microsoft??
>>>

>> Yeah, I'm a Micro$oft fanboy, that's why I run Linux on all my machines...
>>
>> I've never had an issue with stability on Windows Mobile because I've
>> never had a Windows Mobile device. What I said was that "I've never
>> _heard_" of Windows Mobile devices being reflashed like Linux devices.
>> That also goes for PalmOS devices, Symbian devices, SX0 devices,
>> etc...
>>

> PalmOS was patched with ROM reflashes at least twice during the
> times I was using a Palm Pro, III, IIIx, and at least once when
> I was using a Treo 700P.
>
> -dsr-

There was a minor PalmOS patch for my Visor, but it was just an added
patch that resided in the user space, not an OS reflash. Flashing the OS
on Visors wasn't possible - it was strictly ROM. I didn't notice any
difference resulting from the patch, either, so it couldn't have been
anything major.

Mark