On 06/22/2011 08:35 PM, David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:11:18 -0400, Gary Montalbine <[email protected]> wrote:

I changed the kernel to desktop instead of server. About 3 hours later
the system froze and I had to push the reset button. The system froze

Did that happen to coincide with maximizing a konsole window?  Take a
look at https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=608

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Not with me. Milne gets the stutters. It will freeze, fill up the buffer(s) and just sit there. Afew seconds later, maybe 5 or so, everything in the buffer(s) gets done.

I have had hard freezes, but only after ru7nning openGL screen saver. It may freeze with the screen saver or not, but will at some point. X goes to 100%. Ssh into it ( most times, not all ) restart the DM *and* kill X.

Stopped using the GL screensaver. Now I only get the stutters. No idea as to why. I could be in firefox or an ssh session or any number of other things.

I *suspect* X, but I'm not ready to accuse it..... yet.

Jim




--
I don't care for the Sugar Smacks commercial.  I don't like the idea of
a frog jumping on my Breakfast.
                -- Lowell, Chicago Reader 10/15/82
----------------------
Mageia release 1 (Official) for x86_64
2.6.38.7-desktop-1.mga x86_64
----------------------

Reply via email to