On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:43:08 pm Markus Ueberall wrote: > Hi, > > Am 23.06.2011 02:36, schrieb Thomas Spuhler: > [...] > > > Thanks someone else reported this too. I have several vms using > > virtualbox and a get random freezes after upgrade from Mandrova 2011.2, > > both 32 bit and 64 bit. > > Same on mdv cooker after upgrade from mdv 2011 and fresh install. it's > > not isolated to Mageia > > I cannot find anything in the logs. > > If I read this correctly, your VMs freeze, not your host OS? > Unfortunately, for me (using a mdv2011.2->mga1, 64bit, kernel-vserver > 2.6.38.7 system), the Mageia host freezes once I try to start a > VirtualBox VM (also without a single entry in the logs) using VB 4.0.8 > w/ enabled USB. > > Also, starting Gwenview from Thunderbird in order to display an attached > image might/might not kill the machine--not every time, but there are > _very_ long delays (>5mins) until I see the applications' window. > > Even connecting the mobile via USB may take 20-30 seconds (other USB > devices are fine, though). > > This makes me wonder whether the USB stack/device detection is the > culprit...? > > Ad astra, Markus
Yes, still my guest freezes randomly, many times during an upgrade. mdv 2010.1/2 never did it but cooker does. -- Thomas
