Johnny, Thank you. I was able to alter the file and run "msecpaerms -e".
I noticed that a Mandriva System had the same settings, except for an account that I added a long time after install, versus during the install. --Jeff On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Johnny A. Solbu <[email protected]> wrote: > On Monday 12 December 2011 03:19, Jeff Robins wrote: > > Can I safely change the permissions to '700'? > > Sure, but in a minute or so msec may revert the changes. > > I would change it in /etc/security/msec/perms.conf (Perhaps > /etc/security/msec/perm.local can be used) and run msecperms afterwards. > === > /home/* current.current > 700 > === > Then msec will from now on automatically enforce the permissions to what > you want. > (Note: The spaces between the tree fields are TABs in my file, and not > spaces. Also, "current.current" means that msec wont change the owner of > files and folders. In /home/ you really don't want msec to automatically > change ownership of files, or yourt users will be angry :-)= ) > > To get a grasp of some of the currently forced entries and what you can > do, look in the various config files in /etc/security/msec/. > If you have the default security level, the *.standard are the files you > want to look into. (I think) "*.local" overrides the default values. > > I use this to enforce customized access restrictions on a couple of > programs, so the few users who have access to my gateway don't have access > to telnet and nmap unless they are members of a special group that I've > setup. > > -- > Johnny A. Solbu > PGP key ID: 0xFA687324 >
