Hi cecelia,

Tested this and I found that when we navigate to groups>select a page>
pages> Create a page the page description is defaulted with the
following content," Set up the default layout for the pages that your
users create. You can also add blocks. Please note that any content you
add to the default page will appear on every page that your users
create." I think this should be blank

Other than that everything looks fine.

  Page descriptions not retained from group, institution and site pages

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress
Status in Mahara 15.10 series:
Status in Mahara 16.04 series:
Status in Mahara 16.10 series:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Reported at https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7731

  When copying a group, institution or site page, the page description
  is not copied, which makes it less useful for templates.