As we discussed, there are 2 ways we to resolve this
1. Translate the filenames to be included in the export, removing all symbols
that could be consider invalid chars in the os.
This is not easy as replacing the symbols, since we could have similar names
that translate to the same name, so we would have to keep track of all the
names taken and find a way to choose a new one in case is not available.

2. Do not allow invalid chars in windows and linux to be part of mahara
filenames either.
But we have to consider the files that already exist in mahara.
If we want to rename them to remove the invalid chars, then we have the same
problem as above, and some users might not like to see their files renamed or
they could think there's something wrong with them.

The patch I had started here https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/8798/
follows solution 1, but I'd like to know what's the best solution before
I abandon or continue working on it.

  UTF8 character encoding problem in HTML export

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  - Tested in demo.mahara.org
  - Client Os : Windows
  - Chrome 64.0.3282.186, Firefox 58.0.2, Microsoft Edge 41.16299.248.0

  Steps to reproduce

  - Create a Portfolio page with UTF8 accents in Title.
  - Export to HTML with "All my data"
  - Url to the page in index.html contains accents
  - Look in the archive /views/ and the folder's page name contains undefined
characters (Windows)