Patch for "master" branch: https://reviews.mahara.org/9017

  Gravatar connection timeout too long

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  If you are using a site with gravatars enabled and they connection is
  not resolvable then on login the check is held open for 60 seconds
  until curl instance times out as per:

      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 60);

  in mahara_http_request()

  But the check goes thru is_valid_url() and this is because we don't
  want to fetch the result but check the url does exist/resolves

  So we should pass a CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT value that is small so
  things timeout much quicker