Murray S. Kucherawy writes:

 > The difference between this idea and "l=" is that there's still a
 > signature covering the added part, that of the MLM.

No, there isn't, not when it leaves the poster's MTA.  This is the
same for your proposal and for "l=".

People have learned to deal with top-posting, they could have learned
to deal with adding all new content at the end, too.  But they
haven't.

 > By contrast, "l=" leaves the appended bit unsigned.

But it need not.  The MLM (or its MTA) can sign the whole message on
the way out.  So this too is the same for your proposal and for "l=".

 > This scheme does sign individual parts as well,

OK.  As long as individual parts are signed, we can have a way to get
at the trust-per-part issue, and MUAs and Mediators have a way to
partially quote preserving upstream signatures (although the
granularity of the trimming is awfully coarse!)

Steve