Hello,
     My name is David Udelson. I am a freshman Computer Science
undergraduate at Cornell University. I have 3 years of experience with
python under my belt, but I've never contributed to an open source project
because I've never known where to begin. I'm hoping GSoC will provide me
with that starting point, as well as an opportunity to make some meaningful
contributions to the open source community.

I'm interested in contributing to the Hyperkitty archiver. Specifically, it
looks like some requested features for Hyperkitty include rss syndication
for entire mailing lists/specific users/specific threads, and the ability
to view entire threads as plaintext and download that plaintext. I have the
following questions regarding these features:

1) Are these features definitely expected to be in future releases, or are
they just "nice-to-haves"? If there are more important/pressing issues that
the Hyperkitty devs think I could implement instead, I would prefer to work
on those.
2) Are both of these features implementable within the GSoC timeline, or
should I only pursue one of them?

Thanks,
David