On Sun, Feb 25, 2018, at 6:03 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> What is the state of the current Postorius, Hyperkitty and
> django_mailman3 branches with respect to Python version support.

Postorius and django-mailman3 are both now ported to Python3 and supports only
Django 1.11+

Hyperkitty's python3 branch is ready and I will merge it soon.

> I am trying to do some things with Postorius at the moment and with
> Python 2 I get import errors, specifically on
>
> from urllib.error import HTTPError
>
> which seems to work only in Python 3.
>
> Are these supposed to be bi-lingual or Python 3 only, or are they just
> unstable and not working at the moment?

They are (or soon going to be) all Python 3 only.

> My immediate concern is to try to bring
> <https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/merge_requests/186> up to date. If
> I run tox on an unmodified gitlab head, It only runs py35 tests (it
> would run py36, but I don't have that installed) and they all fail like
> this:
>
> ERROR: test_middleware_request
> (postorius.tests.mailman_api_tests.test_middleware.TestMiddleware)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/var/MM/3/master/postorius/.tox/py35-djangolatest/lib/python3.5/site-
> packages/mock/mock.py",
> line 1305, in patched
>     return func(*args, **keywargs)
>   File
> "/var/MM/3/master/postorius/src/postorius/tests/mailman_api_tests/
> test_middleware.py",
> line 47, in test_middleware_request
>     response.context['error'])
>   File
> "/var/MM/3/master/postorius/.tox/py35-djangolatest/lib/python3.5/site-
> packages/django/test/utils.py",
> line 73, in __getitem__
>     raise KeyError(key)
> KeyError: 'error'
>

> (that from py35-djangolatest, but py35-django111 and py35-django20 have
> the same failure and there are no py27 tests defined.

I will go check out this and see if I can reproduce this on my machine. I think
I know the reason behind this, it is mostly because of old or new style
middlewares in Django.

The CI passed properly when I merged the branch though.

--
  Abhilash Raj
  maxk...@asynchronous.in