On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, at 8:48 AM, NAYAN KHANNA wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the clarification, Mark.
>
> Also, as I previously said, I have set up all parts of mailman locally and
> am now also familiar with the terminologies as given in the docs. I am very
> keen to contribute to Mailman. I am trying to get familiar with the
> codebase. Fortunately, my coding style matches with the Mailman's codebase.
> I would be highly thankful to you if you could assign a beginner-friendly
> issue in mailman. This would give me a self-boost and also understand
> better.

Please feel free to pick one up yourself from Gitlab, it is hard to assign
something since we don't know which issue would be most interesting
to you. There are several issues tagged with "easy" and "beginner-friendly"
across all the projects which would be a good place to start.

> I am already impressed with the code practices and such an active
> community.

Thank you for your kind words!

> Thanks again.
>
> Regards
> Nayan Khanna
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:04 PM Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net> wrote:
>
> > On 3/7/19 1:41 AM, NAYAN KHANNA wrote:
> > > While going through the User Guide Manual for Mailman at*
> > > http://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/userguide.html
> > > <http://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/userguide.html>,*
> > > I couldn't properly understand 2 points:
> > >
> > > Q.1 (Related to Delivery Mode setting in List Settings Page)
> > > If a user has selected to get *"Plain Text Digests": *What happens to the
> > > messages involving multimedia/any content other than ASCII text sent in
> > the
> > > Mailing List for this user? Does he receive them in his Digest or not? If
> > > Yes, How?(in some binary format or what?)
> >

> > This is problematic. See <https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/473>
> >

> > > Q.2. (Related to Getting copies of Own posts)
> > > I saw a note in the documentation of the same, stating 'This option has
> > no
> > > effect if you are receiving digests.'
> > >  I am not fully clear about what this meant.
> >

> > It means that not receiving copies of your own posts from the list only
> > applies to individual messages from the list.  I.e., even if you chose
> > to not receive copies of your own posts, if you are receiving digests,
> > your posts will be in the digests you receive.
> >

> > > Please give me some insights into these.
> > > Also, Having read all sections of the Mailman 3.1 documentation
> > thoroughly,
> > > I am highly impressed by the simplicity of language, ordering and the way
> > > the whole documentation has been written. Thanks for this.
> >

> > Thank you
> > --
> > Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
> > San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan
> >
> > Security Policy: https://wiki.list.org/x/QIA9

> Security Policy: https://wiki.list.org/x/QIA9

--
  thanks,