Please note that the person who wrote this is not a core developer in
Mailman or participant in GSoC on the mentoring side.  That may change
if they volunteer, of course (you don't have to be a core dev to
mentor, although the final merge to the distribution mainline needs to
be by a core dev).

The official Mailman GSoC ideas page is at
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google%20Summer%20of%20Code%202022
Proposals there have been somewhat vetted for "size" and "difficulty".

Other than that, I don't have time right now to either endorse or
deprecate any of the suggestions in this post.  If you find them
interesting, feel free to discuss them.