I back up my server using "borg" to send it to a different server. I keep 7 
dailies, 4 weeklies and 6 monthlies. When I used Mailman 2, my borg backup size 
stabilized and never seemed to grow much. But since switching to Mailman 3, my 
backup size has been growing, seemingly without bounds, even though the amount 
of disk space I'm using on the Mailman server isn't growing much. I suspect 
this might be because of the way it's storing stuff in PostgreSQL instead of in 
the file system is fooling borg's deduplication methodology. Does anybody else 
have any experience with borg and Mailman 3? Should I exclude postgreSQL from 
the backup and do a separate pg_dumpall?

--
Paul Tomblin

_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/JVFUIJG7LHIRKZIKAVMTGCDTJ6YLPHON/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to