On June 8, 2026 4:31:31 PM PDT, Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users 
<[email protected]> wrote:
>I swear I used to get the exactly text of the bounce message when email to a 
>list member bounced, but I'm not seeing it any more. Is there a setting I've 
>overlooked? I've turned on "*Notify owner on bounce increment"* which was off 
>for some reason.

With "Notify owner on bounce increment" set to Yes, the list owner should 
receive a notice containing the bounce DSN whenever a user's bounce score is 
incremented. Since it was off for some reason, these would not have been sent. 
The other relevant settings are "notify owner on disable" and "notify owner on 
removal". The disable notice should also contain the DSN. What were these 
settings?

>I just had 24 users bounced off a mailing list this morning for excessive 
>bounces

Removed or just had delivery disabled? If the latter, I can only think that 
both the bounce increment and disable notice settings were off.

, and I can only think their ISP suddenly took exception to my setup somehow. 
It would have been nice to have to a warning when the first bounce happened.

And you should have gotten it, but the setting was off.


-- 
Mark Sapiro <[email protected]>
Sent from my Not_an_iThing with standards compliant, open source software.
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/74SHATXRHPRW6S3BD25PYEM74YEGW7C4/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to