On 6/9/26 9:13 AM, Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users wrote:
I use Postfix for my MTA, and like I said I swear I used to see the DSNs before, but this round I’m not seeing them.
What were the list settings for `Notify owner on bounce increment` and `Notify owner on disable` during this round. You said in an earlier post that `Notify owner on bounce increment` was off. If `Notify owner on disable` was also off, that would explain why you didn't get these notifications.
One wrinkle is the fact that I’m hosted on Linode, and one of the big RBL providers has a bug up his ass about Linode and so instead of just blacklisting the instances that produce spam, he’s basically blacklisting all of Linode. And because of that, I relay my outgoing mail through a friend in Norway. I wonder if that relay has started swallowing the bounce message while still returning the bounce status?
If it returned a bounce status to the sending MTA, the sending MTA would have generated a bounce DSN. Further, if the notification settings were on, you would have received notices even if the DSNs were unavailable for some reason.
I did, however, get a plaintive email from a little old lady on the list who said “But I don’t want to unsubscribe from the list”. So I guess she at least got her “you’ve been removed’ email. Which again, increases the mystery. This particular round of “too many bounces” disables all happened in a matter of an hour or so, preceded a couple of days earlier by some others. Does mailman bundle those up and process them all in a batch?
No, they are processed at intervals defined by the bounce runner's sleep_time as defined in mailman.cfg with a default of 2 minutes.
-- Mark Sapiro <[email protected]> The highway is for gamblers, San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan _______________________________________________ Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected] https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/ Archived at: https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/VQA7SNTR2XTMQN3XNKTDKDXWAHE5WVYL/ This message sent to [email protected]
