On Mon, Jun 15, 2026, at 1:48 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users writes:
>
> Unless you have legal reasons to personalize or there's a bunch of
> sophisticated users on the same list who want it, one obvious
> candidate solution is to switch off personalization so that Mailman
> can batch outgoing mail to a given domain (Postfix will give all the
> recipient addresss to rr.com's MTA, but send the body content only
> once).  Of course if rr.com rate limits by address, that's not going
> to work,

I had the personalization option turned off, but I had the users email address 
in the footer template, which I believe overrides that. That's possibly why 
it's the only mailing list that does this.

> configuration.  But mail going out FROM Mailman 3 works exactly as it
> did in Mailman 2 (modulo any bugs fixed in Python 3 or Mailman :-), so
> if you have a backup of your old configuration that will work.  If you
> used transport_maps for this purpose, you just insert the path to the
> old table before Mailman's postfix_lmtp table.[1]

Oops, I had it after.

Hopefully these two changes will make the difference and I can turn off the 
highly annoying (as you predicted)  Notify Owner On Bounce Increment. 

Fun little fact, the rr.com/Spectrum bounce message just has a url to lookup 
table, and a semi-numeric code to look up on the table.

-- 
Paul Tomblin
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/HPIG5AQ37OFTIWNWRLQTUFQTCKOLLBML/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to