Hi Mark,

Am 2026-08-08 23:42, schrieb Mark Sapiro:
On 8/8/26 12:58, Torsten wrote:

I have just nearly finished the migration of Mailman 3 from Debian packages to venv and mailman (master and runner) is up and running and uwsgi is also up and running. Just when I go to the web page https://<mydomain.tld>/mailman3 I get a server error and looking at the mailman web log I see that the ROOT_URLCONF seems to be missing.


What is the full log message including traceback if any.

Note that if you followed <https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/install/virtualenv.html#initial-configuration> The value for ROOT_URLCONF is imported from mailman_web.settings.base and is 'mailman_web.urls' which should be correct.



the traceback is this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/mailman/web/venv/lib/python3.13/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py", line 124, in __call__
    response = self.get_response(request)
File "/opt/mailman/web/venv/lib/python3.13/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 139, in get_response
    set_urlconf(settings.ROOT_URLCONF)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/opt/mailman/web/venv/lib/python3.13/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 104, in __getattr__
    val = getattr(_wrapped, name)
AttributeError: 'Settings' object has no attribute 'ROOT_URLCONF'
[pid: 25054|app: 0|req: 2/2] 80.152.151.47 () {76 vars in 1372 bytes} [Sun Aug 9 02:27:03 2026] GET /mailman3/ => generated 0 bytes in 5 msecs (HTTP/1.1 500) 0 headers in 0 bytes (1 switches on core 1)

Where should mailman_web.urls be located, also in /etc/mailman3 or rather in the venv of mailman_web in /opt/mailman...?

Following this thread: https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/thread/VGXKEAP3YBHNKDRQM76UVD7IRXSLWDDK/ I added urls.py to /etc/mailman3 together with the other configuration files (settings.py, mailman.cfg and uwsgi.ini) and have added ROOT_URLCONF = 'urls' to /etc/settings.py but after restarting mailman (core) and mailman (web) the error is still there.

You shouldn't need to do that. That thread is for an unusual case.
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/BXZBPBPGFORBN6KOLJTDMZ3A5G4HNNID/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to