On 8/9/26 09:08, Torsten wrote:

In fact, my settings.py does contain these import lines:

import os

This should not be needed unless something further down references os.

from mailman_web.settings.base import *
from mailman_web.settings.mailman import *

BASE_DIR = ('/var/lib/mailman3/web')

SECRET_KEY = '<MYSECRETKEY>'
DEBUG = False

#: Default list of admins who receive the emails from error logging.
ADMINS = ( ('Mailman Suite Admin', '[email protected]'),)

ALLOWED_HOSTS = ['localhost', '127.0.0.1',]

You may also want your public facing web domain here.

INSTALLED_APPS = [
     'django_mailman3',
     'postorius',
     'hyperkitty',
     # Uncomment the next line to enable the admin:
     'django.contrib.admin',


I'm hoping there's more to this file, but in any case unless you're adding or deleting something from the definition in mailman-web/settings/base.py, this is redundant and if you are adding, it's better to do
```
INSTALLED_APPS.append('app.to.add')
```
or to remove something, for example
```
del INSTALLED_APPS[INSTALLED_APPS.index(django.contrib.admin')]
```

And I have the mailman_web/urls.py in the venv where mailman was installed.

If you are using gunicorn as your wsgi server, I think there is an issue in the documentation. <https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/install/virtualenv.html#setting-up-gunicorn> says etc/mailman3/gunicorn.conf should contain `chdir = "/opt/mailman/mm"`. I think this is wrong. It should be `chdir = "/etc/mailman3"`.

--
Mark Sapiro <[email protected]>        The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/WGCKSNIKJPX7EF7BQ4OAV2H7TQXV46ZE/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to