On 8/11/26 17:56, Steve Brown via Mailman-users wrote:
Thanks, Odhiambo.  I was about to disable message receipt as I usually do after 
getting answers, when I got an email to my Gmail account that was possibly a 
phishing attempt just after I had asked about authentication.  Coincidence or 
something I should be worried about?  I'll just delete the message soon, but 
below is the suspect email.  I can probably get the headers if anyone is 
interested.

"[MM3-users] [lists.mailman3.org] Please Confirm Your Email Address


That message went to the [email protected] list (i.e., this list). It is nothing for you to be concerned about.

It happened because someone attempted to sign up the address [email protected] for an account at lists.mailman3.org and the address confirmation email was sent to that address which is the list posting address. That email was sent from [email protected] which unfortunately was and unmoderated list member so it went to the list. The [email protected] list member is now moderated so it won't happen again.

--
Mark Sapiro <[email protected]>        The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/DVWEDHWYK3OBNLTXY3L6ZCUCRN3P53D2/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to