At 10:20 04/02/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Recently I have installed Mailman 2.0.8 on my SuSE box.
>
>I patched Mailman with the patches which enable integration with Htdig
>(thank you Richard for your help!) to have searchable archives.
>
>Two list are created (test & test2) for testing on my localhost.
>
>Posting, searching .. everything is fine except that my crons for
>rebuilding archives don't work.

If searching of your lists is working from the list TOC page (the form
added by the Mailman-htdig integration patch) how were the search indexes
built if cron did not run nightly_htdig script. Did you run it
nightly_htdig by hand from the command line or what.

>I installed crontab.in as: crontab -u mailman cronatab.in and there is
>mailman file in my /var/spool/cron/tabs.

what do you get out when you enter the following command (as root)?

     crontab -u mailman -l

does the crontab contain a line that looks like this?

     19 2 * * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/nightly_htdig

are the zipped versions of the list archives being updated by the following
crontab entry?

     27 3 * * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip