On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:46:12 -0600
Paul H Byerly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Erich Fuchs wrote:
> >the only idea i have is to do a parallel installation of Python
> >2.2.2 - and point MailMan to this installation - but i'm NOT sure
> >about this ! it's also a little dangerous and timecomsuming task
> >(expect 2-3 hours) - and i did't want to break your servers
> >config !!!
>
>       I am also looking at having to do this, and would love to
>       hear from
> anyone who has done it.  You are correct that updating Python will
> trash Ensim.  My Ensim has two versions of Python (neither is high
> enough) and I can point things to the other one just fine - so it
> is possible to have two installations.  Now I just need to figure
> out how to install a second version without messing with the other
> ones.
>

> <>< Paul

It's been so long since I installed a new version of Python, so I
don't remember it all.  However, it seems that in the ./config
there's an option to place the new installation somewhere other than
over the old installation.  Have you tried reading the "Build
Instructions" in the README file?  Reading instructions is good.

--
Raquel