My apologies for bringing it up at all!!

I think the issue for the developers is theory vs. reality. What is the desired behaviour for the majority of new Mailman lists? Should not that be the default, with appropriate explanations?

Personally I am very happy with Mailman, and I find most of the settings easy to understand and well documented. I'd like to think most folks who are new to Mailman will take as much time to learn it as I did, but what I see on this list suggests that this is less and less common. Yes I know what they say about making something idiot proof - but does mean one should ignore the situation completely.

<>< Paul
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.