I asked:
>      So, could the same system be tweaked to reject any mail sent with
> "Re: <listname> Digest" in the subject?  This is a feature on another
> list I am on, and I'd really like to add it to my system.

and Al Black wrote:
There's a couple of way you can sort of do this now, fiddling  Max message
size/Digest size options,

Already have that.

and the taboo header options in 2.1.4.

Ah, a reason to upgrade. I have significant modifications py files to 2.1.2, and moving is going to be a real pain. I suppose I will have to set up a second copy and work on it until it's right, then move things.

<>< Paul