--On Thursday, September 23, 2004 1:29 am +0200 Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 5:08 PM +0100 2004-09-22, Ian Eiloart wrote:

 I think that what is called for is an installer package, using one of
 the various installer systems out there. Now, that would NOT entail
 creating an application, just writing some installer config files.

The problem is that you have to do this across every platform we support. Moreover, each platform will have their own concept of how Mailman should be packaged and installed, with their own tools, and this method would be in direct conflict with that.

        Moreover, you would then have to port that installer package along with
you everywhere.

 That would get the software installed, but not configured. Still, that
 would make life easier for people installing the software.

If you want that, use one of the packaged versions provided by your OS vendor.

I wasn't calling for it, just clarifying what the other person was asking for.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team