Mark Sapiro wrote:
The only place that [EMAIL PROTECTED] shows up is in the
'X-MailScanner-From:' header.
It appears that Mailman is picking up the 'From:' information from the
wrong header.
How about the envelope sender? You can't tell from those headers what
that was, but I'm guessing that it too is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry if this is a dumb question ... but what header indicates the "envelope sender"?

As far as I could tell from the headers I saw, the *ONLY* place that [EMAIL PROTECTED] showed up was in the X-MailScanner-From header.

I'd say it's probably Gmane doing this. I guess the first question is
"is [EMAIL PROTECTED] a list member and if so, why?"

Yes, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a list member ... because that's how gmane receives list messages to process them into it's news server.

You might also check for USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER settings in mm_cfg.py. The
default in Defaults.py should be "USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = No". Also in
Defaults.py, you should have "SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', None,
'reply-to', 'sender')".

I actually changed that in my mm_cfg.py file after this problem started in hopes that it would help. The original value was No, I changed it to Yes.

Now the messages are held because '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' is not a member of the list.

david