I set "bounce processing" to "on" so that mailman will disable email 
accounts if they receive just once bounce. However, mailman is not 
disabling the accounts! Here are the logs from /var/log/mailman/ to show 
that it DOES "know" about the mail bounce:
May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) <BounceRunner at -1211098548> processing 1 
queued bounces
May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) isolation-list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
bounce score: 1.0
May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) sending isolation-list list probe to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (score 1.0 >= 0.9)

But shouldn't it automatically disable the account? And should it tell 
me, the administrator of the bounce?  I set all the notifications 
message options to "yes". Also, the settings I set in bounce processing 
seem to be correct:
* Should Mailman perform automatic bounce processing? -> yes
* The maximum member bounce score before the member's subscription is 
disabled -> .9
* The number of days after which a member's bounce information is 
discarded, if no new bounces have been received in the interim -> 7
* How many Your Membership Is Disabled warnings a disabled member should 
get  -> 0
* The number of days between sending the Your Membership Is Disabled 
warnings -> 7

The settings seem allright to me, but I see no change in the "Membership 
list" section. I checked google, the maillists, and the FAQs, but I 
cannot find the answer to this one, so I'm hoping someone in 
maillist-land can help me.

- Steve


------------------------------------------------------
Mailman-Users mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users
Mailman FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/
Unsubscribe: 
http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/archive%40jab.org

Security Policy: 
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&amp;file=faq01.027.htp

Reply via email to